PRESS ON NAILS FAQ, APPLICATION & REMOVAL
PRESS- ON NAILS FAQS
How do I know the size I need?
You can refer to our How to measure page or take the guess work out of measuring and purchase our Sizing Kit to ensure the perfect fit.
How long do the nails stay on?
Wear time depends on how well you prep your natural nails before application, how rough you are on your hands and your choice of adhesive. With nails tabs you can wear them for a few days or even a few hours if you're wearing them for a special occasion. With nail glue, for about 1 to 2 weeks. I include detailed instructions with every order.
I'm worried that my nails are going to pop off. Any tips on how I can avoid this?
Make sure to follow our Nail Prep instructions included with your order. This step is key to long wear. In addition, you can apply a Dehydrator and Primer for better adhesion. This is the same product nail techs use before gel or acrylic application so the product can adhere to your nails.
You can also try using both adhesive tabs and nail glue together. Follow nail prep instructions and apply the nail tabs. Then apply nail glue over the tabs or on the back of the nail. Press and hold the nails in place for a few seconds. This dual adhesive combo allows longer wear time, BUT you need to be very careful with the removal.
Are the nails reusable?
Yes. The use of nail tabs will make the nails reusable.
For those that prefer nail glue, I would suggest purchasing an inexpensive electric nail file or mini buffers. It'll gently buff away any built up glue on the back of the nails and give you many more wears.
Do not use acetone when you remove them because that will damages the nail and you will no longer be able to reuse it.
Can you replace a lost nail?
Yes. Click here to order your replacement nail.
What if the nails I purchased don't fit?
Due to the handmade nature of our product I are not held responsible if the wrong size is ordered. We have sizing sample packs available and a size guide to help you can find the perfect fit.
If the size is off on a nail or two I suggest purchasing our Replacement nail option here.
Are the nails strong?
Yes, I use the best nail tips available made from gel unlike regular plastic tips and I use at least 5 coats of gel polish. Many of them also have a layer of hard gel which makes the nails hard yet flexible enough to fit comfortably on the nail.
Do you offer custom designs?
Yes! most of my designs are custom! You can send me an image about your inspo and i will work with that!
*I do not recreate work from other press on nail sellers. If you love it, buy it from the original artist or i can inspired in their design but not make the same.
**Also, please note that not every idea or design fits my design style. So I may decline if it´s not something I can see doing. For recreations, I may ask if its ok to put a twist on the design to make it more my own.
Can I make changes to a design?
Yes, made to order can be customized to your liking. If you prefer a different color, matte or glossy finish, shorter length or small design changes simply make a note in the Checkout.
How many nails come in each set?
You can choose if you want 10 nails or 24 nails, the price varies depending on the number of nails in each set.
What comes with my nails?
All nail orders come with a mini nail file, cuticle pusher, buffer, 2 alcohol prep pads, glue, nail tabs and application/ removal instructions.
1. Size your nails to the tips and set them aside. If any are slightly to wide bigger than your nails feel free to use the file to shape the sides/cuticle area down!.
2. Use the wooden cuticle stick (or your own cuticle pusher) to gently push back your cuticles.
3. Trim and shape the free-edge of your nail if needed to fit the tip shape.
4. Get the shine off! Take the buffer to GENTLY buff any areas over that the file didn’t get.
5. Wipe any dust, debris or oils off of your natural nail plate using the enclosed Alcohol Prep pads (Isopropyl Alcohol or Acetone will also work for this step).
NAIL GLUE (UP TO 2 WEEKS)
1. Let’s get the nails on! Use the tip of the glue tube and apply a medium sized blob of glue in the middle of your nail. the quickly put a blob of glue on the inside of the nail tip you are about to put on. Place false nail onto your natural nail from the cuticles and press down firmly for 30/45 seconds - (Be careful not put too much glue)
2. Taa daaa you have a fresh set of cute nails! Avoid water for the next hour. After that you can apply cuticle oil for hydrate your cuticles.
GLUE TABS (1-2 DAYS)
Size each glue tab, remove one side of the plastic & stick to your nail, peel the other side & press on each nail. You don´t need to use glue with this ones. Be sure you follow the steps 1-5 before you apply the glue tabs.
If its your first time using nail glue, please do a patch test 24hrs before applying your nails. Pop a small drop of glue onto of your nails and let ir dry. If there is no reaction 24hrs you can apply your press-ons.
DISCLAIMER: Use of glue & tabs provided is at users own risk. Oh! Chamomile Nails will not be held responsable for any reactions caused as a result of use or incorrect removal.
1. First aply cuticle oil around the nail and try to get the oil between your nail and the press-on so that the glue starts to wet the glue, leave it for 5 min.
2. Soak your nails in warm soapy water for 20 minutes. Then run your wood stick around the edges and wiggling gently until they lift off (do not rip off). Be patience! This is a very important step to not damage your nail. if they do not lift easily return to the water for another 10 mins.
3. Gently file the remaining glue from your nail and apply cuticle oil to nourish and re hydrate.
4. Gently file the glue off the insides of your press-ons & pop them in a safe place to use again.
BYE BYE FOREVER?
if you don't want to wear them again, clip them down, buff the gloss from the surface with the file, wrap in acetone soaked cotton wool and tin foil for 10 mins. Gently file the remaining glue from your nail.
I BEG YOU: Please DO NOT pull your nails off. You will cause damage to your natural nails. Soak them off properly & smother in cuticle oil after.